Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Client Handbook: How to File a Petition to Modify

If you have an active support order in the Domestic Relations Section and want to change the amount of support or other provisions, you can do so in either of two ways:

  • By agreement of the parties:   Parties can appear in person in Domestic Relations Office or send a signed statement by both parties in writing to the office. An order will be entered pursuant to the agreement and signed by the Judge to become the new court order.
  • By Petition to Modify:   If you want to modify the support order without the agreement of the other party, you may file a petition by contacting your attorney or by following the instructions below. 

If you want to file your own Petition, get a "Petition to Modify" form by clicking the link at the bottom of this page.

Follow these instructions when filling out the Petition to Modify form:

  1. Fill out the petition to the best of your knowledge including names, addresses, case and docket number. If you pay support, you are the Defendant. If you receive support, you are the Plaintiff.
  2. Be sure to explain the reason(s) why you want your order changed (in the section asking for the change in circumstances;  #5 on the petition).
  3. Bring or mail the completed petition form to the Mifflin County Domestic Relations Section.
  4. Upon receipt, Domestic Relations will schedule your petition to be heard at a support conference. Notices for the conference will be mailed to the parties. Your conference will be held in approximately four to six weeks from the date we received the petition.

Note: If your order was not entered in Mifflin County, contact our Customer Service Representatives for information about where and how to file before you submit a petition.

Return or mail the completed Petition to Modify to:

Domestic Relations Section
P.O. Box 206
Lewistown, PA 17044

Copyright © 2015 Mifflin County - All Rights Reserved.
Site hosted and developed by CCAP