The term "Medical" includes reasonable expenses for medically necessary services and supplies such as:
- Co-pays and Deductibles
- Optical Services
Services that are NOT Covered (unless specifically stated in your Order) are:
- Chiropractic Services
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Psychiatric/Psychological Services
Parties must provide each other with the following:
- Name of the health care coverage provider(s);
- Any applicable identification numbers or cards;
- Address to which claims should be mailed;
- All documentation regarding guidelines and participating health care providers, including a copy of the benefit booklet or coverage contract.
- Five copies of any claim forms.
If the child or spouse receives Medical Assistance (ACCESS, Mercy or other State funded medical coverage) parties may be required to provide health insurance.
Parties may be responsible for birth related expenses.
Communication and Cooperation Between Parties is Essential!
- Parties must follow the insurance company rules. All bills must be submitted to all available insurance plans. If a claim is denied by the insurance company for failure to follow their rules, the other party cannot be made responsible for the share of the cost.
- Documentation must be provided to show that the first $250.00 per person/per calendar year has been met.
- The party with the medical bills should send copies of the bills to the Mifflin County Domestic Relations Section within six (6) months for review. The Domestic Relations Section will contact the party responsible for payment and establish a schedule for repayment or schedule an enforcement hearing.
This guide is intended to be instructive as to the general procedures of the Mifflin County Domestic Relations Section and should be used for informational purposes only.