The PACSES Distribution Hierarchy
- First, PACSES distributes receipts collected for a given month to your Monthly Support Obligation or MSO. For example, if you have a support order of $50.00 per week, the system calculates MSO as follows: $50/week x 4.345 = $217.25 MSO. Amounts the system distributes to your MSO are shown on your support check stub as Current (C). Note: PACSES assigns receipts to a specific month, by tracking the receipt’s "collection date" (click here for more about "collection date").
- After MSO has been paid in full, the system distributes any additional receipts collected for the month to pay what is called Ordered On Arrears (OOA). To do this, PACSES converts any weekly Ordered On Arrears amount to a monthly amount, using the same factor it uses to calculate MSO. For example, if your support order requires the payer to pay $5/week on the arrears, the system calculates the monthly OOA amount this way: $5/week x 4.345 = $21.72 Monthly OOA. On your support check stub, these distributions are identified by an (O). (Note: In cases where a family was previously on welfare, often there are support arrears owed to the family and arrears owed to welfare. In such cases, PACSES distributes arrears payments to the family first. Click here for more about "family first" arrears distribution.)
- Next the system distributes any receipts collected for the month to pay current fees (payable to Domestic Relations). Fee collections do not appear on your support check.
- If a month’s receipts pay MSO, OOA, and current fees, and there are still receipts for the month which are left over to distribute, the system distributes these receipts to any additional support arrears owed. These distributions appear on your support check stub as either A (Retroactive Arrears) or N (Normal Arrears). (Note: In cases where a family was previously on welfare, often there are support arrears owed to the family and arrears owed to welfare. In such cases, PACSES distributes arrears payments to the family first. Click here for more about "family first" arrears distribution.)
- Any remaining receipts for the month are next distributed to any past due fees (fee arrears). Such distributions are payable to Domestic Relations and therefore are not shown on your support check stub.
- Finally, any remaining receipts collected for the month are paid toward "future support obligations." For this to occur, there must be no arrears of any kind owed on the case. This "futures" distribution is shown on your support check stub as an F. (Note: PACSES will distribute up to two months of futures before placing subsequent receipts on hold.)